View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 18, 2015, 8:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Obama said yesterday that he hopes the museum is in Chicago.
You'd think the president's remarks were timed for a reason or something:

Quote:
City Council Approves Obama Library Land Transfer

The Chicago City Council on Wednesday voted 47-0 to turn over about 20 acres in one of two South Side parks for Barack Obama's presidential library in the event that the University of Chicago's bid for the project is chosen.

The ordinance to transfer the land in either Jackson Park or Washington Park had the support of Mayor Rahm Emanuel and already has gotten the endorsement of the Chicago Park District, the city Plan Commission and a special joint City Council committee.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...317-story.html
Obama's remarks were basically a direct threat to the City Council and probably Chuy. This next article should really be titled: "Hey guys, you are the front runners, don't fuck it up"...

Quote:
Obama on his library: 'I hope it goes to Chicago'

President Barack Obama says he hopes his presidential library lands in Chicago, according to an editorial that appeared Tuesday on the Chicago Tribune website.

Obama made the statement during a brief conversation at the Gridiron Club dinner in Washington on Saturday. When the Tribune asked him where the library would go, the president answered, "I hope it goes to Chicago," the editorial said. But the president also added that there were "some entanglements," according to the editorial.

Obama did not explain which entanglements he was referring to. However, the City Council is expected to vote Wednesday on a controversial plan to transfer about 20 acres of public parkland on the South Side over to the city's control if the University of Chicago is awarded the library.
Yes, "sour entanglements", like an unfinished reelection of his buddy Rahm. I hate when "sour entanglements" force me to openly state my position in an interview with the Tribune that will be published the day before the City Council passes the item I need for my Library to move ahead...

The Rahm agenda will not be stopped, the Tribune, Obama, the Chicago elite, they are all in on it. It's almost glaringly obvious how much the media is working in favor of Rahm right now. Hey, I ain't complainin' though.