View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 3, 2017, 7:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPChicago View Post
I really don't like the idea of the car tunnel system. Ideally for me an express train would orginate at the Block 37 Super Station the preceed west under Washington Street, then north under Canal Street, then follow the Blue Line alignment from Lake Street onward in a seperate tunnel. Stations would be State, LaSalle, Canal and Ohare. The 17 mile route should use conviential trains. CTA's current stock is deisgned to reach up to 70 mph that's plenty fast for an express train.
The problem with the "Block 37 Super Station" is that Block 37 isn't actually central for tourists. It's ok for business travel, but office development is shifting west too.

Chicago would be better off with express trains departing from Ogilvie/West Loop or North Michigan Ave. If it could make all 3 stops, then run express to the airport, then we'd really be in business.
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov