View Single Post
Old Posted May 16, 2008, 9:48 PM

They are indeed working on test piles for both 1600 Owens and the parking garage. They're doing drilled piles instead of driven ones, so the ears of their neighbors are being spared. One rig has been moving back and forth between the two sites over the past couple of days to work on them.

One thing I'm not quite clear on is that the new "driveway" to the new temporary surface parking lot back in there goes straight through the 1600 Owens building footprint, and they've been drilling piles on both sides of it. My guess is that they are working on the permanent access road that will extend along the west side of the site next to 280 and the current driveway is rather temporary.

UCSF's Diller Building is also coming along. The external hoist was removed last week and they're busy patching up that section of the façade. Scaffolding has started being removed from the south side of the building.

Piledriving on the cardiovascular research building (CVRB) next door has paused after driving a bunch of piles at the southeast corner of the building's footprint. The ongoing centralized utility pipeline project appears to be doing some digging now to extend those lines onto the CVRB site.

And one last note: After the two tower cranes from Radiance Phase I were dismantled, they were moved to Bosa's main trailer HQ along Channel Street, where they sat for months. But the last couple of days have seen the pieces being loaded onto trucks and carted away. I initially hoped that they were moving them to the Radiance Phase II site, but that doesn't appear to be the case, so I have no idea where they've gone.