Thread: Your ideal city
View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 13, 2019, 4:58 PM
An Optimistic Realist

A more dense cosmopolitan Miami in a Florida that at least have hills like the Caribbean with it's classical wetlands. It would not be as threatened by sea level rise if this was so. Plus, it would increase the natural beauty of the city even more.

A more modern looking Havana with more art deco and early 20th century architecture like Bauhaus, streamline moderne, etc with traditional Southern, Caribbean, and Latin American styles. A history that goes farther back to the Reconstruction era with more of a chance of having an extensive prewar landscape.

A tropical brother to the dense northern cities in the same way LA and SF are Mediterranean climate cousins to the same group. Possibly a Tropical Chicago in built design but possibly denser because it would have been geographically limited between the ocean and the Everglades.

It's a vision I've always had. Such a loss in potential historically. It would have been crucial since it could have allowed the US to have better connections with Latin America.

Since I live in California now, I guess I would want LA to be a megacity in the vein of Tokyo or Sao Paulo.