View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 4, 2021, 4:28 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasty Joe View Post
I know we can't really compare to NYC anymore, but Grand Hyatt redevelopment came out with their design today. It looks amazing, something like the Thompson Center location could use, and with a 500-key hotel on top. Wish we had some grander aspirations and more of this instead of 5.5 simultaneous mega-developments trying to get traction and coming up short of inspiring.

https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...&postcount=760
Comparing to NYC is unfair due to obvious reasons, Chicago is still killing it.

I wonder how likely a supertall is for the Thompson Center, if not, what would they put there? A boring 500 footer? Seems like a waste of a good site.

Quote:
There's an 1,100 footer under construction right now and a 1,400 very likely to be built. Chicago is doing just fine in the skyscraper department
Yea (more like 1200 and it's not UC anymore). This is one of the best cycles in the city's history though, and "very likely" seems optimistic but we shall see. If we get lucky there's also a (potentially taller) Parcel I and maybe the second NEMA tower. Throw One Central in there and Chicago could have 10 supertalls by roof alone in 10-15 years, not to mention all of the other tall but not 300+ projects.