View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 20, 2022, 10:14 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
Quick tidbits to share:
  • So apparently The Edith is still alive and a full go. Foundation permits have been fully approved and other permits are on the pipeline. The City has asked the developer to slow things down and not break ground until after the Super Bowl. The site will be the entrance to the NFL Experience and they didn't want a huge construction site on national media/TV. It's a bummer it'll be almost a year till groundbreaking but at least it's still a go. Bright side is at least some confirmation that the NFL Experience and block party is back.
  • Hyatt Regency RFP will once again be re-issued sometime in 2023. They want to wait for the Super Bowl to pass before moving forward

I think that was a silly decision by the City of Phoenix. Chances are, the Edith would have easily been done by the Super Bowl if they would have started on time. Sometimes, I just don't know where the city comes up with this stuff.

Edit: Now I can't help but wonder if this had anything to do with them not selecting Hines for the Regency Garage? Hines specifically stated in their RFP proposal they would be about halfway through with tower construction with only the hotel portion opened in time for the Super Bowl.