View Single Post
Old Posted May 17, 2021, 9:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightCONCEPT View Post
(Clears throat)

Scroll down below of a repost a fellow forum member posted about these opportunities back in March. The clock is ticking...Metro is actively asking for the very things some of you posters are asking for but just haven't connected the dots yet.

Besides most of the projects listed now used to be on this Strategic Unfunded list just for these purposes like Sepulveda Pass, Vermont Corridor, West Santa Ana, then a funding opportunity arose in the form of Measures R & M and they have moved up the timeline. Extensions are good to keep the ball rolling and give room to find more gaps in the rail network that we need to serve.

Draw out the maps and submit it to the Westside Cities COG and City of LA for a Santa Monica Blvd- East Sunset Blvd Corridor submit it to the COG ASAP! Considering all the work being thought about with the Spur within the Crenshaw Northern Extension.

Personally I am submitting a strategy for a Flower Street Subway to bury the Blue and Expo Lines underground from LA Live/Staples Center to USC and then utilize the Expo East ROW or run elevated next to the 10 Freeway to connect the Blue Line and replace the Washington Blvd street running section to improve core capacity of the existing system. (Something else many posters on this board commented on)

In addition to that I am suggesting ideas for Express corridors using Metrolink operation like the one for the Blue Line and one serving the South Bay region using existing right of way to operate service on.

There's still plenty of projects to work on.

But instead of posting on here, starting drafting and submitting these ideas.
So do we just look up the COG our project is in and submit a comment on their website? I looked up the Westside Cities COG for example, and the email listed was for Estolano Advisors, rather that someone at the COG. But there was a contact form as well which wasn't through email.