View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 23, 2021, 10:14 PM
Skyriser

I found the project number for the TSMC site: 20-4636.

I did a quick review of the permits just to get into how damn big this project is.

The mass grading and drainage permit was for 813 acres and 2,950,390 cubic yards of soil. If I'm reading this correctly that's about 9,800 of the largest rail cars if all of it was hauled off site, or around 100 full length trains at the least. According to the CES (commercial environmentally sensitive) permit, 449 trees will be taken to nurseries, 2,356 will remain on site, and 4,476 will be sent to the chipper.

This project is so complicated that it needs temporary works that need their own very expensive permitting. One of which I've found, a paint shed, is valued at $550,000. A stockpile permit is over $300,000, another $750,000. Imagine paying that much money to store just over 1% of total dirt moved on site in the latter case.

I'm reading random things come in at $40, $50 million easy.

A separate gas plant, for Linde Gas, a publicly traded company, is mentioned, I don't know how big the operation is going to be but I don't believe they've ever been reported as a supplier. The piping is estimated at $33 million alone.

The framing costs alone for FAB 1 are estimated at $113 million, the foundation costs $159 million--skyscrapers downtown don't get that much total cost, let alone for core and shell. A core and shell for the wastewater tunnel is $32 million. A truck building's foundation and an electrical building are both valued at $15 million. The water building's foundation is $62 million.

Hundreds of millions are in the permits alone to say nothing of what's left. It's just wild to get an insight of what's going on when all we see is just big cranes and a semi-built steel skeleton.

Last edited by combusean; Dec 23, 2021 at 10:26 PM.