View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 1, 2022, 3:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitMan View Post
Bills would give Huntington Place new funding, flexibility as it seeks to lure hotel on JLA site

https://www.crainsdetroit.com/politi...ntington-place
This quote from the article is very promising! I know the hotels have been mentioned before, but the quote from Molinari sounds like we won the 2027 Final Four bid based on the fact that atleast one of these hotels is a sure thing. If this hotel was part of the bid and it doesn't happen then it could be the last NCAA major event we get for awhile.

Quote:
In March, Claude Molinari, president and CEO of Visit Detroit, told Crain's there have been discussions with the site developer to perhaps build two hotels, each with about 750 rooms. Molinari, whom Gov. Gretchen Whitmer appointed to the Detroit Regional Convention Facility Authority, chairs its five-member board.
Last week, after Detroit was awarded the 2027 NCAA men's basketball Final Four, Molinari said, "I'm very confident that we're going to have a headquarters hotel on the west side of the convention center by that time, and I believe the NCAA is going to hold me to that."