View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 7, 2022, 1:48 AM
E pluribus unum

I'm on a hybrid and have been since the start of the pandemic. Problem is, social services requires field work and seeing clients at residences, so I'm out at odd hours of the night and weekends when need be. I'd say about 70 to 75% of my work is done at home.

Most of my administrative work (notes, case plans, office visits) are done telephonically/Zoom/Duo from home. My gf works nights at a hospital so I get to see her more when I'm home. Its dumb, but because of our different schedules, being able to have lunch at home together is the great equalizer for me. I live in the suburbs of a small city where the commute before the pandemic was maybe 10-15 minutes at most.

My department moved buildings in April 2021 and we technically downsized to where almost everyone shares offices and work spaces. We have meeting rooms for clients, but nobody has a dedicated office. Its fine when there's not a whole lot of people there, and the theory behind the move was to actually get people out of the office except for when they need to meet with clients.