View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 10, 2021, 10:54 PM
Resu Deretsiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JManc View Post
^ 20+ years of Texas has rubbed off on me. lol
Proficiency with them was a job requirement, as well as vaccines.
Quote:
That's the problem, the 'emergency situation' is being milked for a virus with a relatively high survival rate and despite effective measures and vaccines but society is still expected to 'obey' and be compliant because officials insist on kicking the can and move goal posts rather than surrender the power they surreptitiously assumed over the past year.
The science gets updated and changed with new information, although the goalposts were pretty good in April. Too bad unvaccinated Americans didn't want to play, so they had to be moved. It's actually their fault, but the government and vaccinated people wearing their masks in cars get the brunt end. Essentially the unvaccinated caused the science to move the goalposts in order to get them to play the game, yet they still wont. Or well they are now, because attacking the paychecks worked. As I have said (which nobody has complained about) the pandemic will be over soon. I have also said lockdowns will last forever (so much crying and fear generated) I guess it just depends on who I'm talking to.
Quote:
I could not imagine living in Oceania...err Australia throughout this ordeal.
Well ordeals aren't supposed to be fun.... but there are much worse places and situations out there in the world. First world countries have it easy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10023 View Post
I really don’t understand what people are trying to achieve with the “what if Covid was vastly more deadly” line of argument.

If Covid were vastly more deadly than it actually is, then the whole cost/benefit calculation would be different, and no one (or at least very few people) would be complaining about giving up freedoms and the ability to live their lives and pursue their careers normally. But it’s not, so the whole argument is a red herring.
I wanna know what you guys need to surrender your beliefs. It was proven that people will surrender for their favorite hobby or a paycheck being threatened, and it's just management and public policy. How can the government make people do something they don't want to do? It's simple. The next time the government wants people to do something they just need to threaten people's wallets. Money talks and rhetoric walks.