View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 19, 2012, 7:40 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg6544 View Post
And how are we going to get these millions of additional passengers TO LAX and where are we going to put their cars when they get there. FYI, I live in Brentwood, just a few miles north of LAX (half-an-hour drive if there is any traffic at all) and I've actually timed it out. Figuring in drive time to LAX, parking the car, getting past the security Nazis, waiting for the inevitable flight delays, and getting into San Francisco from SFO after the plane has landed, it is only about 1 1/2 hours quicker to fly than it is to drive. Serious delays in the flight schedules can easily push the flight time longer than the drive time. Serious delays in the Grapevine or on the 5 can turn the trip into a genuine driving nightmare.

But nah, we don't need HSR in California.

PS. Since airlines treat their passengers considerably worse than livestock haulers treat livestock, I try to avoid airlines and airplanes. Lived in DC for twenty years and always took Amtrak to NY, even before the Metroliner. It was just more comfortable and hassle-free.
From DC to NY by train makes perfect sense (urban, dense, shorter distance, miserable traffic, poor roads, congested airports, etc.). Not so much LA-Bay.

If you live in Brentwood, use Burbank: plenty of flights to 4 Bay Area airports.