View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 6, 2010, 3:18 PM
arf

giallo

What are you shooting with and what would you like to shoot with?
'm currently shooting with the Nikon D3. It's my first full-frame camera, and I really like taking pictures with it. If I had unlimited funds, I'd probably get a medium format camera like a Hasselblad H4D. I'm getting in to making huge wall mounts with my photos, and I'd love to blow up some really sharp billboard-sized images.

If you could sum up your style in one photograph what photo would it be?
Hmmmm. This one is a bit tough. It changes with my equipment, location and overall mood. I dunno, I guess I'd have to go with this one right now.

Talk about your inspirations and influences.
I'm not a schooled photographer. I've never studied it or read books about it. It's not that I think doing that is stupid, quite the opposite, I was just never fully interested in the specs, photo celebs or tech. I got in to it because I liked the medium for self expression. My major influences came from magazines like National Geographic and from online photographers. I can honestly say that SSP's photographers had a HUGE influence on me getting my first camera when I was living in Taiwan. It was around 2002-2003 that I started to notice photo threads by Giovanni Sasso, Theodore, Kilgore, Daniel8ty8, gonnsta aka Segun, the St. Louis Bros.etc., and I was totally inspired to try it myself.

Where have you not been that you want to photograph?
India. I really want to photograph India.

Talk about your most popular (in your opinion) photothreads.
Some early Taiwan threads did really well. The first few Shanghai ones performed nicely too. These days, my threads do OK. I always appreciate the love I get, be it one comment or fifty.

Talk about your photothreads that didn't get the response you wanted.
As I mentioned in the previous question, the last couple of years have seen interest (views and replies) in my China threads wane.

Any tips or personal wisdom you'd like to pass on to others?
My answer is a predictable one; shoot, shoot, shoot. Bring your camera with you everywhere as light is always changing and never the same. Take advantage of the early morning and early evening light in particular.

Who should we ask these questions of next?
SSP's MC; Mr. Segun Dent

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss