View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 25, 2021, 2:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
Chicago should be marketing even more towards people who can work remotely from anywhere but still want some sort of city life, and also companies who can be hybrid and want to cut costs on office space. Most of the co-workers in NYC of mine who have told me they're toying with a move to Chicago are ones who still want some semblance of city life but now realize that having 50 restaurants around is completely adequate versus 250 around if it means halving their rent/mortgage.
Agree completely with this. I am one of these people, except I am going from Denver to Chicago. Mostly because I have family in Chicago, and as a city, it far far exceeds Denver in terms of the urban experience. Denver is great if you love the outdoor lifestyle and ski, but if you like urbanism, Chicago is obviously the better choice.

Also, I keep harping on this, but I don't think people realize how cheap Chicago is for the urban living you get. It's the only major metro of it's size with the level of urbanism with the price point it currently has in the country. I hope that secret doesn't get out to too many people, because then you will get COI go up like crazy like it did here in Denver.