View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 5, 2021, 9:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL Native View Post
I normally support development like this but mostly when it is taking over a parking lot. I'm not very thrilled about this as I think it takes away from the neighborhood/character of this part of midtown. Restaurants in old homes with massive patios under established trees is a lot more appealing than a massive glass building with a slight possibility of occupied retail space.
I'd rather see both restaurants either go under new management to improve service/food and a third restaurant take over the blue house in the middle and turn the valet service up front into another large patio. Does this create more density, no, but it creates a vibrant block attracting people so much more than another apartment tower.
ATL Native, appreciate your point of view. But, since the restaurant group has decided to sell the parcels to a developer, either they feel their run of those concepts has come to an end or they feel they can resurrect them in other locations somewhere down the line. I think a big part of those concepts, however, is the very fact they are housed in former large residences with lots of outdoor space. I have enjoyed the businesses on that block over the years, and looks like I'll miss my chance to have a last meal as my next visit isn't until July 4 Weekend. I'm of the opinion that if this leads to another thousand residents living in that same space, it makes for a more vibrant Midtown if those folks get out on foot and become patrons of neighborhood businesses (both current and future) on a regular basis.

ATLotb