View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 21, 2011, 7:17 PM
Transit User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xd_1771 View Post
At 2.2km vs 1.6km the distance difference is very minimal. The line can be constructed with little to no interfering development in a way. A station placed in the vicinity can also serve the mini commercial/business district around 4th & Burrard, as well as Granville Island. You make a good point about moving the Arbutus ROW in favour of a heritage streetcar however.... problem is would moving the line to Macdonald, resulting in more challenging ROW and taking away from some key areas such as Arbutus Village, really worth it? If environmental/surrounding impact is what you're worried about with construction of Skytrain along the Arbutus ROW, there is the option to place it underground.

If you were talking about why I'm placing the route where it is around the Burrard Bridge vs. a straight shot between Broadway/Arbutus and Yaletown, it has to do with other destinations (non-residential) along the route - i.e. Vanier Park, nearby museums, and Sunset Beach.

---
I would like to see the Vancouver Loop line include the loop around downtown with 2 additional stations: one at Georgia and Denman and the other at Davie and Denman. These would provide service to all those tourists flocking to Stanley Park and English Bay. And would also serve locals getting around downtown peninsula.