View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 15, 2021, 4:47 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown View Post
Hey status quo.

I'm not talking about tech jobs. I'm talking about any job. Even most of this region's workforce jobs are in the suburbs, where the biggest population of people who can fill them is in the city. There is a complete misalignment due to the city's tax structure.

You have no clue. On top of that, many of these neighborhoods are sh*tholes because the city can't even muster up the energy or ingenuity to sweep empty streets and clear empty lots.

Imagine walking out of your house every day, being surrounded by complete desperation, seeing a city that doesn't give a sh*t about you (as demonstrated by it's complete neglect of your surroundings) and then realizing the closest job that pays a sustaining wage is 25 miles away in an area that has no access to public transportation. Even worse, imagine the desperation that would occur in a situation where you don't even realize *those* jobs exist because you can't see them in your environment and literally nobody you know has one.

That's what you call acceptable.

Let's throw more money at a program to ask somebody not to shoot a gun when literally you can't show them what a future without guns and gangs looks like.
+1

As A Person of color myself a lot of people looking in from out seem to misjudge the situation at hand, its almost so simple of a fix its complex now because the issues keep compounding on top of one another.