View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 16, 2022, 8:56 PM
Fourth and Main

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
So I guess he has now "tested" covid enough to know whether it is real and safe.

This is what I'll never understand. With something like 200 million Americans having now had at least one shot of vaccine (very rough math--please, no criticism on that), we'd be dropping like flies in a cloud of Black Flag if it was anything like as unsafe as covid. So just looking at the issue in relative terms, remaining unvaccinated makes even less sense than getting in a closed car with someone who is sick while you are yourself unvaccinated.
From what I can tell, he and everyone in his house believed COVID-19 was real. They masked (3-layer surgical masks and not the good N95/KN95?), took advantage of contact-free delivery, and avoided crowds. I'm not sure of the vaccination status of others in his household, but he didn't trust the vaccines. Usually, when someone is sick, the reaction isn't anger, but the reaction to his hospitalization is anger from the family. He is the first person (I know of) in the family to be hospitalized for COVID-19.

From what I've heard, he is on steroids and they are causing him to have blood sugar issues, so they are controlling his insulin levels. He also can't breathe when he has to eat. My family is mostly northerners, from places that have higher vaccination rates (Maternal: Chicagoland & Wisconsin and Paternal: NYC area). The exceptions are a few family members in the Orlando and Tampa metros and of course my parents, my sister, and myself in NC/TN/GA respectively. I'm fully vaccinated and had COVID-19 breakthroughs, which I would describe as three-day allergy attacks that allergy medicine doesn't work on. I did have ear ringing for about a month after the last breakthrough. Both my wife and I are fully vaccinated and boosted. Our son Noah is too young, though.

So many people who are sick often claim it's allergies. You wouldn't believe how many times I hear that. Sometimes they even say the allergy took-away their sense of smell or taste. I don't trust anyone saying their COVID-19 sickness is allergies. I don't know if he was told, by the person asking for a ride, it was allergies or a cold, but that is a common thing I hear around here (metro Atlanta).