View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 6, 2020, 3:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
^ I completely understand that, and figured that instantly. I think there were a few articles that had led on that it was new things when in fact those things had been going on for a few months already. Anyway, we'll see. Obviously you have to build a brand and there's strategy with that. It's good to call attention to projects which people don't know about, especially those in other cities - just sometimes if they've been UC for 3 months, don't act like they just started construction yesterday

As someone who has been looking at permit data forever too and also has had a map going for the last 8 years for Chicago, look out for permits over time. There's a lot of SFH permitted a lot. Sometimes though they are done over days/weeks instead of at once. There's around 10 SFH permitted not far from the future Obama Library like that recently but maybe it was 1 issued yesterday, 1 issued a week before, 2 at a few weeks before that, etc.
Thank you for your feedback marothisu! I'm actually one of the new writers at Chicago YIMBY. We are actively adjusting our content and style as we get feedback, and are always happy to get suggestions for how we can tweak and improve what we do We realize too that this is definitely a learning curve like Chris mentioned, and are looking through NY YIMBY too to further calibrate our writing.

Please feel free to PM me too if you have any questions or suggestions!