View Single Post
Old Posted May 20, 2023, 9:27 PM
Fourth and Main

Actually, a Charlotte moderator at Urban Planet (UP), who had connections to "that city to the east" and was banned from here (SSP), didn't like me and became more angry at me when I shared something really nice he posted on another N.C., city (a city rarely seen) at this site. After that, it was trouble at UP. Two more people joined over there, both posting on Winston-Salem and often reposting what I shared over here. And then I was IP banned, with him and his friends laughing about it. Most people are banned and return, but I decided I wouldn't return somewhere I'm not welcome. Not long after, I met my now wife Lauren and decided to reduce the number of forums I post at to just one, so I would have more time for dating. I slowly started leaving forums on a variety of subjects until I was down to WSTB and SSP. A year or so after dropping SSC, a moderator from South Carolina, on UP, sent me a message at SSC saying the owner of UP removed the moderator who had me banned and I was invited to return to UP. It appears as if he was a trouble maker with other members and the two people I was accused of being had actually registered in Charlotte and when those accounts reshared my photographs at UP, they were shared on the photography account of that banned moderator. The invite to return to UP was very polite. Sadly, I didn't see it until nearly a decade after it was sent. I think we are both (UP and me) friendly with each other, today. I know I'm welcome back over there and I refuse to say anything bad about them. That relationship was repaired. However, as a dad, husband, homeowner, and creative worker, I don't have the time today that I had when I was in high school and college, so I'm staying with one forum.

My plan to move everything to facebook doesn't seem to be very popular? Even my wife think this update shows more of me in it. It seems as if most want the updates moved here (SSP), but updated more frequently than a month. The reason the updates are monthly is due to a lack of photographs and conversation. It is good to hear back from people, because the lack of conversation almost led me to consider retirement from posting updates. If I had more than one account, don't you think I would've posted to this, to make it look lively, over the past ten years? I'm sure if I moved it elsewhere, it would have the same results. Actually, I started this thread you're looking at when someone said something not-so-great about my wife at WSTB. In anger, I left... thinking I would never return. I thought I would move here and people would follow, but they didn't. They stayed at WSTB, which led to me returning over there. It's fun to laugh at being alone over here, but it is easier if there is somewhere else to go with conversation. Interestingly, I've often thought this was the better update, though many preferred WSTB. I learned ten years ago, that just because I move my posts somewhere else doesn't mean anyone will follow. If people don't like the updates I post, I am very open to retirement from these updates. I would continue to make diagrams and go here to see other cities.