View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 2, 2022, 6:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeFadesAway View Post
My grandmother and great-great aunt lived in 430 Webb Place from when it opening in 1988ish to the early 2000's. It was, and I think still is, a 55+ place, operated by Kiwanis. Nice big suites, connected to the skywalk. My great-great aunt walked from there to The Bay grocery store every day until two weeks before she died at 99 years old, so the connection to the skywalk really kept her active.
Yeah as far as I can tell the kiwanis building and the fred douglas building are both operated by the fred douglas society as 55+ communities and sit on separate real estate from the rest of the place promenade residential complex. they both seem like they're in way better condition than the other buildings in the area and actually look pretty nice.

400, 410, and 420 place promenade are all on the same piece of real estate and all sit on top of that second parkade. then 44 place promenade seems to be almost part of the mall building itself.

actually i never thought of that myself, but when the mall/bay/etons/skywalk/etc. were firing on all cylinders it really would have been an ideal place to live as a senior.