View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 29, 2024, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
I was going to say that has to be a mistake but if you look at the most recent satellite images the actual hotel is a small section of that space.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/sevXmZ4qjsnNknW86

About 1/3 of the lot is set aside for single family homes and another 20% is the "Palmiere" which is offices and restaurants. And the entire northeastern corner is undeveloped for now.
Well...I have been reading the comments...and, no problem - didn't feel anything - until I opened up that google map/photo of the area. So, please just indulge me for a moment. First off - that is not 68th St. - it is Mockingbird Lane. It is 68th St. south of Jackrabbit. I grew up - a way, long time ago - a short way up from this project on Mockingbird just before Cheney - BEFORE THE AREA BECAME WHAT IT IS TODAY. I don't think anyone imagined 60 years ago. Now, everything built in the 50s and 60s has become a tear down. I used to ride horses on this property behind St Barnabas Church. The housing development across from the church was a boarding school (Judson School). That Lutheran Church at Mockingbird and Hummingbird - was designed by a protege of Frank Lloyd Wright - that has always been my understanding. They built that church when I was just a little boy. We got thrown out of it when they were building it - we were horsing around... tearing up the place. I heard last year that the congregation has sold it to a developer, and it is supposed to be torn down this year - to make way for three houses. Now, isn't that unique and special. The Ritz-Carlton project: The guard let me drive around in there a few years ago. Don't like it. I understand that they were having trouble with some of the construction. Sorry, but this is one of the reasons I now live in Prescott.