View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 2, 2022, 2:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmecklenborg View Post
Today's preposterous NY Times house-hunt article doesn't hesitate to list "good schools" as a motivation for neighborhood selection:
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...rownstone.html

The source of this couple's money, of course, is mysterious. Somehow a "translator and editor" who just threw down a few hundred thou on a $1.5 million building has the funds to BUY a Steinway grand piano. Even an old Steinway grand typically costs $50,000.

Plus, it sounds like there's a communication problem with this couple, as the dude had no idea the piano guys were coming over.
NYC is so full of trustfund babies it's preposterous. I know so many people in NY who's parents still contribute to their rent in their 30s it's not even funny. Then they miraculously buy a $2MM apartment and you find out daddy is a billionaire.

I'm not particularly in the "scene" in NY but I know and/or are acquanited with the children and/or grandchildren of at least 4 billionaires. None of them wear it on their sleeves or readily talk about it but it becomes obvious when one day your friend who works in PR is buying a $7MM apartment on Leonard Street. Or another who is a fledging interior designer moves into a $6k month apartment.

It's rampant.