View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 5, 2023, 9:00 PM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigs View Post
many are on board/same page, HH, me, you, others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hauntedheadnc View Post
You forgot the part about how this forces people to rent, and so many people are having to rent that it's driving up the average rent. Supply and demand. And, when the average rent in a city gets high enough, then you have major landlords such as the Hawthorn corporation which owns numerous apartment complexes all across Asheville, suddenly refusing any sort of governmental rent subsidies. They can refuse them, not have to deal with any sort of government oversight or paperwork, and just demand a tenant who can pay their rent outright. There was a story in the Asheville paper this week about a disabled veteran and his young daughter getting the boot from their Hawthorn apartment because of this.

The thrust of the gist here is that this is artificial inflation of the housing market and the rental market, and we should pay attention now before it all completely collapses, as this sort of thing always ends up doing.
Yeah, I was just speaking generally about greed. I think the ticket thing is unique in that there are individuals buying tickets and then turning around to sell them at a higher price, but there are companies doing that also. I've heard from musicians who aren't happy about it because it's making their music - their concerts - too expensive for some people to go to. My brother just paid a thousand bucks for him and his son to go see Metallica in Dallas this summer. It's a two day show and it was two tickets, but still, it's insane.

Thou shall not indict