View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 15, 2022, 8:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromSD View Post
The fact that the line only goes to Westchester is a shame, but I blame the airport authority for that rather than Metro. LAX waited too long to get started on the people mover. I do blame Metro, however, for the decision to spend $900 million on the interconnect station for the people mover. I cannot understand why this station is costing so much, especially since it’s not even underground. Also, shouldn’t LAX be paying for that station since its only purpose is to serve the airport people mover?

Have they made a decision on the Centinela grade separation yet? If the K line finally opens all the way to the airport, but then then shuts down again for an extended length of time to build the bridge over Centinela, that would go down in the annals of LA Metro screw ups.

Still, it’s always nice to see another light rail line open up.
I blame metro. The K line opened 2 years late and metro couldn't start construction on the LAX station until the K line was accepted. Had the LAX station construction started even a year earlier, we probably wouldn't be in this situation. They were going to move the K line tracks to allow trains to run during construction but it got too late to happen.