View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 15, 2022, 2:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCReid View Post
What's the TMZ? Regardless, LA and Hollywood will remain the center of entertainment even is some entertainment business move elsewhere or disperse, much like NYC has remained the financial and cultural capital despite scores of businesses dispersing elsewhere. Atlanta is becoming 'Hollywood east' however, mostly due to African-American producers and artists.
Here you go: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studio_zone

As an aside, LA still has MANY post-production facilities, recording studios, broadcasting studios, etc., many in very non-descript buildings. Like this:

Photo by me

Michael Jackson recorded his "Thriller" album here. Donna Summer, Giorgio Moroder, Quincy Jones, Billy Idol, Bruce Swedien, Gilberto Gil, Missy Elliott, Madonna, Marilyn Manson, Aaliyah and Justin Timberlake... have all recorded here.

I doubt all of these faciilities will go away en masse anytime soon. Movies may be filmed at various locations, but then after shooting, they often go back to LA to do the post-production work like editing, re-dubbing if they have to, sound mixing, etc.

~ Charles Bukowski