View Single Post
Old Posted May 29, 2018, 9:55 PM
1st Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Downtown View Post
LaSalle probably has to stay private in order to build it above the Metra tracks. CDOT probably wouldn't accept dedication of a street whose underpinning structures will have to be rebuilt in 80 years. They're facing that issue right now with Canal next to Union Station. In fact, CDOT may refuse dedication of any street without fee simple ownership of the land underneath.

As I understand it, Wells won't have continuous bus lanes. There will be bus pullouts, and that's what one of the cross-sections shows.
Interesting. My take seems to be that The 78 HOA will be financially responsible for LaSalle St, when it comes to repairs and maintenance, while the city will maintain a publicly accessible easement on the street? If that's the case (and I'm not 100% certain of that), then its a good deal for the city.

I wonder if the city will remove the cul-de-sac at 15th and Dearborn and make 15th St a through street again so that it can connect with State?