View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 5, 2022, 9:05 PM
Inveterate Angeleno

I switched jobs around the peak part of the pandemic last year but shifted to a hybrid schedule (3 days a week in the office, as arranged by the CEO) once the state opened back up on June 15. When the delta variant emerged and started wreaking havoc, I returned to WFH for a few months until average daily cases had dropped and plateaued. This time I didn’t follow a set schedule (nor did most of my colleagues), only going in when I wanted to (i.e. to meet colleagues in person) or felt like my presence was needed. Now it’s become a cycle with Omicron, although thank goodness this variant is less severe than delta and a third of County residents have gotten booster shots. I’ll be going back to the office in two weeks for special meetings and then perhaps on a regular basis in March or April, depending on the numbers.

I commute to work via public transit, hardly ever touching anything that doesn’t belong to me without immediately sanitizing my hands. I enjoy being in an office environment, even though my commute is about 90 minutes door-to-door. But I also like the extra 1.5-2 hours of sleep that WFH affords me. Ultimately, I think a *flexible* hybrid schedule is most ideal for me.

— Jerome Bruner