View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 21, 2018, 4:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrow View Post
LOL! "swaying and creaking and twisting was too much for me" - this from a man who flies a HELICOPTER, a contraption that, to be clear, only stays in the in the air only because of witchcraft!

Also - super excited to see what amazing pictures you post next!
Crazy, right? The two experiences are completely different - to me atlas. In the helicopter, I know (more or less) where I'm going and how we'll be moving, so that sensation isn't much of an issue. Also, somehow flying above the city gives you this surreal feeling of being disconnected from it. I don't 'feel' the height as much

I don't know that I'm experiencing Vertigo in a clinical sense, but the swaying of the tower crane feels quite unnatural. I think I'd need to go back up and just sit on one of the platforms for good hour or so to get used to the motion...see how it moves when the jib moves.

Despite the rationale part of my brain knowing how strong and well balanced the crane is it doesn't look that way, so the irrational part of my brain takes over and tells me I'm standing in a structure made out of massive pieces of uncooked spaghetti. Have you ever snapped a pice of spaghetti???