View Single Post
Old Posted May 30, 2015, 8:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon42 View Post
It looks cool!
I like the under construction building.
That building will be the Goldspire Tower, the tallest building in Lakeport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vellu View Post
If you will be able to model the whole 50 mile x 50 mile area, it will be something unprecedented. I think you should use textures and make very low-poly buildings, otherwise the model will blow up your computer. It would be very interesting to follow an timeline presentations of Lakeport. I love cities with history. It's a huge commitment, though.

The Hanson Building looks great, but I'm afraid you won't be able to model many buildings with this level of detail until SketchUp gets too slow.
Thanks Vellu.

The entirety of the Lakeport metropolitan area only takes up about half of the terrain, since there are a few small mountains, and lake Superior takes up most of the other half, but this city is not called lakeport for nothing, it is the 2nd largest freshwater port in the world, just behind Duluth, MN.

I have already started to use textures with the buildings, but there will be simple 3d geometry in certain areas, such as support pillars, floors, and very simple windows. There will also be storefronts in some buildings, such as the Hannson building. every 10 years in the citys history, i will share the 10 tallest buildings of lakeport.

There is the city of Haywood which will be about 50 miles south of Lakeport, which both cities are at the edge of Lake Superior.
I am not sure if Haywood should be in another thread or be part of this one, due to its close proximity since Haywood is just outside of Lakeport's terrain.

Last edited by Codster121; May 30, 2015 at 8:56 PM.