View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 23, 2023, 2:56 AM

I was gifted a ticket to go and try out the Eagle Coaster, Canada's longest alpine coaster on top of Cypress Mountain.

I haven't been up Cypress Mountain for few years, so I was surprised to see few new structures having gone up next to the Creek Lodge. Looks good and the place was bustling with hikers.

The coaster zig-zags down the mountain with everything being powered by gravity.

Enjoying the view on the way up.

I was the very first rider for the day, so I was able to push it as much as I wanted. The track is 1,719 meters long and has an elevation change of 279 meters, offering speeds of up to 40km/h which feels rather fast so close to the ground.

Carts are very simple and only have a seat belt and a brake lever, allowing one to adjust their speed. I was full speed most of the time and only braked slightly in some corners, as the ride can be a bit rough on your back.

All in all, I had fun and was actually wanted to do another go. Tickets for the 3 - 3.5 minute ride are tourist price at $35 for single ride and $52 for two rides. In my opinion it is worth it to do it once and I am happy Cypress has introduced a new attraction to the city.

Video Link

Video Link