View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 27, 2022, 7:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LineDrive View Post
This is great news but it’s still woefully short of what the Sepulveda line should be. This line is a lynch pin for Los Angeles transit. It’ll be the difference maker between whether or not LA becomes a major mass transit region or if it’s a mode of transit reserved for novelists and the low incomes.

Of all the lines this is the one that no expanse can be spared and no luxury past over. Of course knowing Metro they’ll botch it but ideally… first and foremost the whole line should be Subway. It should travel maybe even a few miles NORTH of Van Nuys MetroLink. There should be at least 3 stations in the valley. Transitions to LRT ready Orange, Expo, Crenshaw, Purple and the boondoggle ESFV line need fo be SEAMLESS (under 1-2 mins, inside the fare gates etc). And this line should terminate in a subway station directly between SoFi and Intuit - if done right - that station could literally add 300k riders a year minimum.
I get not building the whole thing at once, but I just hope Bechtel doesn’t build it in a way that precludes any future extension north. I have a feeling once a lot of people see this thing up and running only then will they be okay with upzoning Van Nuys Blvd.