View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 28, 2021, 5:46 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister244 View Post
As much as I want every square inch of the southside to be better served by transit infrastructure as the next person, I tend to agree with the criticisms here against the red line extension.

There's just so many other projects that better serve to connect neighborhoods in the city that would benefit from over $2 billion. It has nothing to do with the type of people, but is the "bang for the buck" worth it here?
There's no question the RLE is not the absolute highest and best use of scarce transit funds. and if Metra and the CTA weren't so fucking provincial and exclusively self-interested, there are certainly more cost effective solutions to bring better/more frequent rail transit service to the numerous citizens of far Southside (more than 200,000 Chicagoans live south of 95th, that's hardly "no one").

My point is that if we didn't live in such a shitty nation for transit investment, we wouldn't even be in this predicament in the first place.

The root of the problem is that America is stupid. RLE is but a mere symptom.

Last edited by Steely Dan; Nov 28, 2021 at 6:28 PM.