Thread: My Los Ángeles
View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 14, 2022, 1:58 AM

Thanks for the comments, mousquet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousquet View Post
Alright, that's some French food! I never saw "giant beans and citrus" over here, though.
It might be some exotic touch that they added to their menus, or I simply don't know about it.
It's the first time we've had them at a French restaurant too. I think they're just butter beans, but my partner and I love butter beans, and they shave the citrus zest on them, and if I remember correctly it had a bit of olive oil too. After I read your comment, I also thought it was something they just decided to add to the menu, but it made me want to do a Google search. And interestingly, I found that they serve them at a little wine bar in Paris called La Buvette (not to be confused with the restaurant called Buvette, apparently); my guess is the restaurant we went to got the idea from La Buvette. Here is an article, and you can see the picture of the giant beans and citrus: https://www.afar.com/places/la-buvette-paris

And here's the location on Google Maps:
67 Rue Saint-Maur, 75011 Paris, France https://www.google.com/maps/place/La...42!4d2.3792998

Being that you're in Paris, maybe you can check it out some time, and let me know what you think of it, whether you like it, or absolutely hate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousquet View Post
Beware of charcuterie or stuff bathed in melted butter like escargots.
Obviously, that's no healthy food at all. It causes people who do too much of it to die from strokes, cancer and bad diseases when they grow older.
You may do it from time to time if you like it, but certainly not on a daily basis.

You know, it's always the same... "À consommer avec modération", as they say here.
That means "do not get addicted to that shit".
Thanks for your advice. I usually try to eat healthy. I don't eat this kind of stuff often, but I do like to have it once in a while.

~ Charles Bukowski