View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 16, 2022, 2:52 PM

I have some bad news with regards to Tribune Tower East. I went to a networking event at the Tribune Tower last night. It included a tour of the new residences and amenity spaces (unbelievably cool btw). The tour was led by Lee Golub himself. He leads Golub's US division and Golub is part of the development team for both phases of the Tribune Tower. He was telling a bunch of stories and eventually started talking about the 1422' Phase 2 Tower. According to him the tower is definitely not happening and they never considered it a serious proposal in the first place. They just wanted something to show as part of the proposal for phase 1. He considered the tower way too tall and grand and that it never made economic sense. Something will happen there someday but it won't be nearly so tall.

My read on the situation is that some people within the architectural/development team definitely hoped to build a 1422' tower and Lee was very much not in that group. And now that they're saying the proposal is dead, he's saying that it was never a real proposal in the first place to save face. Could be wrong. Either way, I think we can consider this proposal dead for now.

Last edited by JN12Franklin; Jun 16, 2022 at 3:20 PM.