View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 15, 2022, 7:27 PM

I would ABSOLUTELY say this stretch of Walnut Street is SOLIDLY Fitler Square... not Rittenhouse Square.

Most boundaries for Rittenhouse are Broad Street to 21st or 22nd Street, Chestnut Street to South Street. (I consider it Rittenhouse until 22nd Street personally).

That would leave the boundaries for Fitler Square as 22nd (or 21st depending on your definition) Street to the River, Chestnut Street to South Street.

I would even say in some ways, Fitler Square is MORE desirable than Rittenhouse Square. Philadelphia School in the neighborhood PLUS Greenfield catchment and within walking distance. Easy access to the hustle and bustle and amenities of Rittenhouse but also much quieter, quainter and family oriented. Easy access to the River trail PLUS the added benefits of Fitler Square park and Schuylkill Banks Park.

This neighborhood is a HOME RUN. I've never heard of anyone saying this are is less desirable. Wedged between Rittenhouse and the River, Center City business district and University City? This neighborhood is easily becoming the most desirable in the city. The only thing holding Walnut Street back along this street is a few shabby buildings that need some TLC on the 2100 and 2200 blocks, and the Rite Aid and Sunoco gas station. Now that those are likely being filled in with more residents, more businesses will fill in these blocks... this area is a homerun in the making.