View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 4, 2019, 2:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayorOfChicago View Post
Any ideas or hints on what transit funding might be in the new capital spending bill? All I see is nearly 40 billion for roads, a bunch of buildings and schools and then maybe a passing comment about transit. I really wish they could throw a bone to transit and not always have 90%+ of the spending go to roads.
The RTA got $3.6B that will be divvied up between CTA/Metra/Pace. Metra will surely spend a lot of that on new power and rolling stock (as they should), possibly an A2 bridge also. CTA I know specifically got some cash to upgrade traction power on the Blue Line and will probably exercise its option for the extra 400 CRRC cars.

The rest of the 75th St CIP appears to be funded also which will make it possible for Metra's SWS to use LaSalle Station instead of Union south which is overcrowded. Also the freight improvement is substantial.

Sundry Amtrak projects including some Quad Cities/Rockford money. I am curious if the connection from CN to NS that would eliminate the backup maneuver on/off the Air Line made the list for the upgrades to the Champaign and Carbondale route but haven't found anything specific.