View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 19, 2022, 8:20 PM
Show me the blueprints

I've been hesitant to even talk about this Queenslink/Queensway issue since I think Adams' announcement a few weeks ago was mostly just pandering and I'd be amazed if anything resembling a linear park materializes anytime soon...

But needless to say I'm for utilizing the ROW for rail transit and against squandering it on a stupid novelty bike bath that will be extremely difficult to co-utilize with any other use like transit and next to impossible to convert back to transit once it's a park. I'm not saying it should necessarily be subway, as some sort of rapid regional in the same form and vain as IBX as part of a larger system that I enjoy ruminating over is just as appealing to me. We do know that the IND built in a provision for a branch down the Rockaway Branch right after the 63/Rego Park station so they thought about it then and a Queens Blvd link is just as tempting as an LIRR mainline one. I am a bit confused by the advocates graphic there though. I'm unsure were the capacity would come from the allow a Sixth Av service (currently the M, hopefully someday the H) to use QB to the branch off but also returning G local service to 71 Av. That would be five services west of Rego Park, and I'm not sure how that would be done as it breaks the two services per track max capacity standard, unless the Broadway service becomes rush hour only or something with the G extended to 71 Av at all other times.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding