View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 7, 2021, 5:46 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

per state senator brad hoylman’s newsletter:

MTA Hearing: Penn Station Redevelopment

Last week, I participated in the Senate hearing on MTA finances. I asked Acting MTA Chair, Janno Lieber, about the necessity of adding 20 million square feet of commercial office space in Midtown Manhattan to help finance the redevelopment and expansion of Penn Station. Mr. Lieber was non-committal on the real estate development, saying that the transportation projects need to be “disaggregated” from the real estate proposals. He further said that federal financing specifics for the Penn Station redevelopment and Gateway Tunnel Terminal have not yet been determined. With my colleagues in government, I’ll continue to advocate for greater transparency for the Empire Station Complex, keeping in mind that the redevelopment of Penn Station and expansion for Gateway must remain top transportation priorities for New York’s future. Empire State Development’s response to the Community Advisory Committee Working Group on our thorough set of recommendations has been pushed until they can gain further feedback from the Governor