View Single Post
Old Posted May 20, 2021, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMB14 View Post
In other news, lots of work happening where the new Argyle/St. Pius schools will go.
There's also a parking lot (pending council approval, I believe) that will be located on the NW corner of Lakeview Ave/Kings Rd.
I thought this was approved. Or did Planning Commission or Exec Committee recommend? I'm reasonably sure the design of the property was heavily dependant on getting that parking lot - if they couldn't get it, they'd have to allocate more of the existing Argyle property to parking... which would influence building, and green space design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMB14 View Post
Seeing as most of the land is provincially owned, it's really hard to say. I could see a modern version of "Lakeview Estates" (located at 22nd/Retallack) which I believe was the site of a school once upon a time.
I went to a couple of the planning/info meetings for this - I recall discussion of a land-swap: City gets St Pius property in exchange for the parking lot land. Might not have been as straightforward as that, but something similar.

EDIT: Confirmed - Regina city council agrees to trade land with province to pave way for parking lot in Kinsmen Park