View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 22, 2011, 10:59 AM
arf

olga

What are you shooting with and what would you like to shoot with?
Nikon D40. It's getting old, but it's OK for now. I guess I'll get something similar when it's time for a new camera. I'm not very interested in the equipment, as long as it works. I never change lenses, I never use a tripod. For me, it's all about the subject and the composition.

If you could sum up your style in one photograph what photo would it be?

A photo from an exotic place, a city. A facade. Grit. Some detail that catches the eye.

Talk about your inspirations and influences.
None, for the moment! I'm totally uninspired. But normally I get inspiration when I travel. I love big cities with a mix of cultures. I got lots of inspiration from SSP years ago when I started to hang out here, specially from photographers like Sasso, Kilgore Trout and Giallo. Lately I've been more active on Flickr, and it has inspired me to take photos of other things than cities. Among famous photographers I have some Swedish favorites, Georg Oddner and Sune Jonsson. I admire them, but it would be too much to say that they influence me as a photographer.

Where have you not been that you want to photograph?
After last summer's trip to the Caucaus, I feel that the next step is Central Asia, and specially Kyrgyzstan. But I have no idea when that will happen. I haven't been to New York (or the rest of the US) and it's been on the top of my list for years. Not so much for taking photos though, we all know what that city looks like... When I go there, it will be a challenge not to take the ordinary cliché pics.

Talk about your most popular (in your opinion) photothreads.
I guess that would be the Photo Tennis-thread! I'm glad that turned out so well. Talking about my own photo threads, I'm happy to see the great (well, relatively) interest in photos from ”strange” places like Cairo and Baku. (I have lots of photos from Toronto were I spent some time i May, and it will be interesting to see the response when I post that thread. I guess it can generate comments from people here who normally don't pay any attention to my threads.)

Talk about your photothreads that didn't get the response you wanted.
Can't think of any. It's been so long since I posted here regularly.

Any tips or personal wisdom you'd like to pass on to others?
No.

Who should we ask these questions of next?
Is Chelsea Spy still around?

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss