View Single Post
Old Posted May 13, 2021, 4:27 AM
He/his/him. >~<, QED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AviationGuy View Post
The "experts" are saying no classic bubble in Austin, because prices are still way below other parts of the country (especially the west coast), so there's plenty of space for increases. Also, companies are moving in like crazy and bringing employees who have very high wages. Some of them are selling their current homes and have more than enough cash to buy in Austin, with plenty left over. Supposedly, it would take a major recession or more to cause things to plateau anytime soon here. We didn't even take much of a hit at all during the Great Recession of 2007-2009. When things start really approaching west coast prices, that's when I would advise a lot of caution. For now, I'm probably going to just sit on this property, which I bought 30 years ago for about $100K.

I do see a lot of herd mentality going on. For now, I think it's safe because, like I said, there's a lot of space for increases. But part of me is still concerned.
I would naively guess that Austin "should" never reach west coast prices as it doesn't really have the same geographic constraints, though of course in-towns aren't growing on trees.