View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 17, 2015, 7:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arquitect View Post
Does this really need its own thread yet?

However we know how big projects like these can go. Can we wait until it at least gets through the city before we start subdividing it into its own group?
Good question; seems a bit premature to me. Not objecting really and I would hope that coverage continues on the main thread for the many that go there but not to sub-threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjs5056 View Post
Here's hoping the design is radically modified prior to August.
...for the better of course. It feels like there's a good distance still to go on this project. Value engineering is not unusual as things progress as well so we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjs5056 View Post
There is no ground level retail, though, that's the issue. It is a massive parking garage:

Van Buren - is a complete blank wall with the garage entrance in the center.
Central Ave - has one commercial space that is going to be used as an incubator (9-5 business)
1st Ave - has one commercial space that is going to be used for the transit offices (9-5 business)

When you consider that its 3 sides front 3 of the busiest streets in downtown, that it connects to 2 light rail stops and the entire hub of the bus system, a garage with 2 offices on the ground level is a total waste of prime real estate.
I do agree but not sure there's an easy fix here?