View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 29, 2019, 1:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright View Post
Oh jeeze, I just went to go look at editing that comment and the mob emoji I chose is actually called "lynchmob". Yeah I didn't think about the double meaning of the phrase strung up or Foxx's race before I posted it. I'm going to leave my comment as is and just have this post explaining I didn't even think about her race while typing (which is how I hope most people try to be). I was merely thinking about how F-ed up this legal situation is...
We are good Louis. Good. I have read your posts countless times through the years and have a good gauge of who you are. If I didn't I would have drug the matter out a little more than I did. As it was, I touched on it, pointed out that it was not a normal error for you to make, and kept it moving. The term you used is a common one in everyday lexicon, unlike someone using... lets say... a gas chamber reference when talking about a Jewish person. "Gas chamber" is not a common phrase, slang nor is it something commonly in use today that denotes a feeling. For someone to use "gas chamber" in a sentence when talking about a Jewish person, that would, without question, be purposeful. "Strung up" commonly denotes someone who is in trouble... slang if you will... and is often used in everyday lexicon. It just so happens that it has a bit of a double meaning when it comes to African Americans. An easy mistake to make but when combined with your known character, a mistake that was pointed out and quickly excused.

Yes.... Kim Foxx has to go... she has turned a very serious and highly respected office into a branch of the machine (and a national joke!).... open to the higher bidder... influence peddling at its best. Like my old law professor use to say -- Lady Justice has blinders on for a reason - the law only deals with the facts and the facts alone - Lady Justice has a balanced scale to weigh and balance the evidence on its merits... Lady Justice does not peek through her blindfold to see celebrity or money. Corny yes, but a true synopsis of what the law and justice is supposed to represent. In short, the whole system breaks down when Foxx led shenanigans like this go on. Foxx has to go!

A knockout of Foxx and Preckwinkle is the stuff dreams are made of!

Last edited by Halsted & Villagio; Mar 29, 2019 at 2:09 AM.