View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 7, 2021, 3:28 PM
BANNED

I was downtown July 5th

It was the most littered I have ever seen it. I was embarrassed for my guest. Is this a Lightfoot plan. Leave the DT as a mess so the no go areas look better?

Can't even Ride the CTA

Another black eye nationally for Chicago.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2...t-gun-violence

U. of C. student dies days after being struck by stray bullet on Green Line: ‘He was a ball of light’

Chicago Sun Times ^ | July 5, 2021| Mitchell Armentrout

U. of C. student dies days after being struck by stray bullet on Green Line: ‘He was a ball of light’ July 5, 2021 Denver native Max Lewis died days after he was shot on an L train. Friends remembered him as an outgoing and welcoming presence. Max Lewis didn’t have to make the trek downtown. The affable 20-year-old University of Chicago junior had the option to work from home for the competitive internship he’d landed at a Loop investment firm, but he “loved getting to know as many people as he could,” according to his best friend. “He loved the grind,” Zach Cogan said of his classmate and fraternity brother. Lewis was commuting home during rush hour Thursday when a bullet pierced the window of his train at the 51st Street Green Line station and entered his neck. He died at a hospital Sunday morning. Police say he wasn’t the intended target. Investigators have yet to provide a possible description of the shooter. It’s not even clear which direction the gunfire came from.

The Denver-area native was studying economics and computer science. He graduated in 2019 from the Kent Denver School, a prestigious private school. His 12th grade physics teacher, Dr. Rand Harrington, said in an email “he grew into an exceptional scholar full of good humor, curiosity, drive and a deep passion for technology.”

“This happens all the time in Chicago,” Cogan said. “It needs to end.”