View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 21, 2022, 4:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan View Post
IMO, LAX and IAH have no business being near the top of any convenience list. Any airport that lacks a direct transit connection to the CBD while also being far away from it (let's arbitrarily say >7 miles) is not convenient. Every airport below IAH, with the exception of MCO, is more convenient than LAX and IAH. Additionally, LAX in particular is lacking in terms of dining options, especially in the TBIT.

Also, in what world is Dulles (IAD) considered a midsized airport?
DTW would also be knocked down from the top on this criteria. However, it is one of the most pleasant airports to wait for a flight IMO. I agree about LAX being an odd choice, though. It has to be one of the most uncomfortable airports to wait for a flight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
The article makes it sound like they're considering dumb stuff like "yoga rooms". Which wouldn't make sense, as LGA is probably the most amenitized airport in the U.S., given its a few months old, and stuffed with Manhattan-centric traveler amenities.
I don't know about most amenitized... I think JFK still has it beat. BUT they worked an absolute miracle in transforming that airport. I flew from LGA last week for the first time in a couple of years. The changes were shocking.