View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 10, 2011, 6:35 PM
Cat Enthusiast

I think the main problem is that so many people don't know about how convenient it is.

I took a train from Birmingham to New Orleans right before my fall semester started to see a friend who was visiting from Italy. It was incredibly convenient. I could bring any food or drink on there that I wanted, I was free to move about the train, there was ample leg room, the scenery was amazing, etc...

Amtrak needs to do a better job of advertising. Most people in Alabama don't even know that rail service is available. When I told people I took a train to NOLA, they said, "You can do that?" Plus, if my Crimson Tide makes it to the SEC Championship game in ATL, I might just hop on the Crescent here in Tuscaloosa and take it to Atlanta.

It's all easy, cheap, convenient, and comfortable. People just need to know about it. Good advertising will go a long way. Then we can start talking about some overhaul...

SSP Alabama Universities: Alabama - UAB - Alabama State