View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 12, 2021, 7:49 PM
He/his/him. >~<, QED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip View Post
Chicago is allocated a certain amount of vaccines from the Federal government based on population. 1/3 of Chicago's vaccines so far have gone to non residents of Chicago.

It is near impossible to get a vaccine in Chicago. I would have to go to the suburbs and rent a car I guess. A large percentage of Chicagoans don't own a car. Lakeview where I live is 60%.

With regards to vaccine hesitancy. I'll be the get one the second I can. But I do admit I'm not surprised there is so much vaccine hesitancy in the US. We were lied to about everything last year.
If you already qualify (via employment, age or medical condition), I recommend you set up autorefresh on the Chicago zocdoc site. That's how I snagged an appointment for my wife at Rush.

I've also heard that there's a vaccination site in Gary that is easy to find appointments for. Unfortunately it's 2.5 miles away from the Gary South Shore Line stop, but if you have a bike it might be a reasonable option (commuter rail is pretty safe since the conductors do an alright job of enforcing mask usage, although I don't know if that's the case on the SSL since it's Indiana...)