View Single Post
Old Posted May 6, 2019, 10:23 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
Well, I wasn't talking really bulky, I just meant not those pencil thin towers going up around Central Park. And I like that other New York tower you posted. I forget the name, but I like the design. I may be in the minority in liking that one, but it's one I was thinking of with my comment about tying in those vertical lines to the spires.

The design of this building also reminds me a little bit of the Shoreline Plaza Towers in Corpus Christi, Texas. Not everyone likes those buildings, but I have always loved their design. They were really cutting edge when they were built in 1988.

I think with Foster doing 425 Park and 270 Park, if this tower does get built, it will be a redefining of the Park Avenue style. We will see what other architects are chosen to design the new towers that pop up in the area. Still a long way to getting this one built though.

https://www.crainsnewyork.com/real-e...r-midtown-east

Developers may be considering 1,450-foot office tower in Midtown East

RYAN DEFFENBAUGH
May 6, 2019

Quote:
Another office skyscraper may soon rise in the rezoned Midtown East.

Vornado Realty Trust and Rudin Management are considering building a 1,450-foot tower at 350 Park Ave., according to The Real Deal.

The New York Post reported in April that Vornado and Rudin were discussing a possible joint venture for a new office tower. The plan would build over part of a Vornado property at 350 Park Ave. and a Rudin building at 40 E. 52nd St., as described by the Post.

The tower is not official just yet. The Real Deal cited a source who said the brochure shows just one option the developers could pursue for the two sites.
Quote:
Should the developers move forward with the plans, their project would join a list of several new Midtown East office towers set to dot the city skyline. As documented in a Crain's report this week, the rezoning of Midtown East—one of the most tortured in city history—has already paved the way for towers such as the 77-story One Vanderbilt, a planned 70-story headquarters for JPMorgan Chase and a soaring tower that would replace the Grand Hyatt.

Developer Harry Macklowe is also assembling parcels to build a soaring tower. But not all developers are as eager to redevelop their Midtown East buildings. Tishman Speyer had been considering razing its 26-story office tower at 300 Park Ave. to build something bigger before abandoning those plans to keep anchor tenants Colgate-Palmolive, as Crain's reported Friday.

_

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.