View Single Post
Old Posted May 6, 2019, 9:24 AM
Meh

I'll go along with it that the top needs refinement, but I actually like the spires. The rest of the tower is actually really pretty interesting and I think the spires are appropriate for the design and proportions of the tower. The roof does need some more detail. At this point, I don't think the roof complements the rest of the building and is pretty boring by comparison. I think maybe some white lattice type members leading up from the roof above the glass facade to the top would add a little detail. They would also play off of the white trim on the tower's facade. They could also tie in with the spires somehow. I say somehow because I'm not an architect and I'm just making a suggestion. Overall, I really like this one a lot, and I hope they don't fiddle with the design too much.

I say keep the spires. A lot of the spindly supertalls that New York has been getting lately would be terrible candidates for spires since they are already very slender buildings. New York could use a few more "new spires" on the skyline on some of the new bulkier buildings to offset that trend.